What is a Podcast?
Today we interview Steve Cherubino and ask the question “what is a podcast?” We also talk about what a podcast is for and why you might want to consider having one. This is mostly a conception conversation, although we begin to delve a little into the technicalities of podcasting, such as what an RSS feed is and how it makes a podcast possible.
Definition of a podcast on Wikipedia.
A podcast is a digital medium consisting of an episodic series of audio, digital radio, PDF, or ePub files subscribed to and downloaded through web syndication or streamed online to a computer or mobile device. The word is a neologism and portmanteau derived from “broadcast” and “pod” from the success of the iPod, as audio podcasts are often listened to on portable media players.
Connect With Pocket Podcaster
- Google+ ► https://plus.google.com/+Pocketpodcaster
- Facebook ► https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pocket-Podcaster/206351369549995
- Twitter ► https://twitter.com/pocketpodcaster
- Pocket Podcaster ► http://www.pocketpodcaster.com/
- Stuart Mackey ► http://gplus.to/stuartcmackey
- Pocket Podcaster is a production of Mackey Productions ► http://www.mackeyproductions.com/