This page is a list of the resources – devices, apps, etc. — that I use in producing this podcast, as well as in other video projects. Some of these link may be affiliate links, from which I receive a small commission.
- Monoprice Clip Clamp Phone Mount – This simple spring loaded clamp will fit many brands of smart phones, including iPhones, and iPod touches, however, I do have a hard time getting my iPhone 4S to fit while in it’s Otter Box Defender case.
- Monoprice Tripods – Instead of linking to a specific tripod, I have chosen to link to the tripod page. There are so many to choose from and your decision may be based on how tall you want it to be or how compact you want it to collapse. These are all acceptable for lock-down shots, but I am not sure many of them would be smooth enough to use in a situation where you needed to pan to follow the subject.
Audio – Microphones for Podcasting
- kV Connection 1/8″ iPhone mic adapter – This is the adapter I recommend for connecting your lavaliere microphone to you iPhone of iPod touch or iPad. It will still allow you to connect your headphones, which out unplugging it so that you can play back your footage and check it. Be careful of your case style! I had a hard time getting the right-angled model to fit into the jack fully with some cases. Either order the straight model (which might be too fat for some cases) or take your device out of the case. Or you can order a TRRS extension.
- XLR iPhone adapter cable – use this adapter if you microphone has an XLR connection. I use this adapter for conducting interviews where I hold a handheld style microphone and move it between myself and the interview subject.
- Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone – A good starter dynamic microphone. It’ll work great with a computer or iOS via USB connection, or you can use the XLR connection with more advnaced setups. Also available in a kit: Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone with CAD Audio Microphone Pop Filter and Foam Ball-Type Mic Windscreen
- Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphones (http://goo.gl/9t22JQ)
- Audio Technica ATH-M30x Professional Headphones (http://goo.gl/UJU7VA)
Software For Podcasting
- Audacity Free Audio Editing Software: (http://goo.gl/s9s8ls)
- GarageBand from Apple for iOS: https://goo.gl/dZt1iE, for Mac: https://goo.gl/gHeJUF
- Audition from Adobe (http://goo.gl/ktkHNL)
- BossJock for iOS (https://goo.gl/0MxpVB)