What Is A Podcast?
According to Wikipedia:
A podcast is a digital medium consisting of an episodic series of audio, video, PDF, or ePubfiles subscribed to and downloaded through web syndication or streamed online to a computer or mobile device.
We also did an episode on “What Is A Podcast?”
What Do I Need To Get Started?
The whole premise of the show is that you don’t need much more than your iPhone. You can get started podcasting with gear you likely already own: your iPhone or iPad.
- Episode 4 introduces why you should start a podcast.
- Episode 1 was recorded with only an iPhone 4S set on a tripod.
- Episode 2 demonstrates how the addition of a microphone can improve the audio quality. The Audio Technica ATR3350 is a great sounding microphone and inexpensive.
- Episode 5 shows how to trim a video you shot on your iPhone for free.
- Episode 7 asks the the differences, advantages and disadvantages of an audio podcast vs. a video podcast.
I am consistently updated our Resources page with equipment that I use or recommend. Check back for updates or if you hear me mention a piece of software or hardware mentioned on the show.